Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 307: Reading for Help

618:18-620:17

The second testimony in this section discusses fear and the testifier’s new understanding of fear in terms of Christian Science:

I think I never realized what fear meant until I began to try to put into practice my understanding of Christian Science for our children. I have proved, however, many times, that fear can neither help nor hinder in our demonstration of truth.

She goes on to relate the actual steps she took of going into another room, opening the book and reading aloud to benefit both her child and herself, then singing a hymn.

There are so many times that coming back to the book or some thought from it just sets the course right, quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.