Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 311: In their own Words

626:8-628:26

These three testimonies have such a unique voice and a definite understanding of what they had to overcome to be healed that I had to take note.

In the first testimony:

I was very much prejudiced against the Bible, and my first demonstration over self was to consent to read the four Gospels.

What I love about this is the universal statement if I just blank out some words:

I was very much prejudiced against _______, and my first demonstration over self was to consent to _______.

I understand how self is a barrier.

In the second testimony, the person realized “God was no respecter of persons,” meaning everyone would be treated the same. Then the acceptance of her place:

God has as much for me, if I will accept it.

This statement has two different meanings to me. Either you have to love and forgive yourself enough to accept the healing because you are God’s loved or you have to love God enough to realize he will heal you.

The final testimony concisely noted the healing:

It was a clear case of transformation of the body by the renewal of the mind. I am perfectly well…

Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.