Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 96: The Patient

 184:16-186:10

Some of the words from yesterday's entry stuck in my head: production of harmony, obedience, remedy, and denial. The feel of the treatment from yesterday continued into the beginning of today's pages. Mary Baker Eddy wrote a few statements in today's pages that feel like something more than just the regular explanation. They feel like guidelines, rules, or something more. I don't really know what could be more but that doesn't stop the words from having that kind of an impact on me.

A patient under the influence of mortal mind is healed only by removing the influence on him of this mind, by emptying his thought of the false stimulus and reaction of will-power and filling it with the divine energies of Truth.
The reaction of will-power isn't a phrase I expected to see but it fits with where I am. I'll barrel through somehow. That's a common thought I have everyday to the circumstances and situations I find myself in daily. Every time I stubbornly attempt to carry on, I know I'm not listening to anyone including God. But I don't realize this until afterward. The odd thing is that when I let go of my way and just let things occur, they work out alright. So why do I have to be such a control freak and inject myself in where obviously it would be better to just go with it? Something for me to think about.
Christian Science destroys material beliefs through the understanding of Spirit, and the thoroughness of this work determines health.
Understanding of Spirit -- working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.