Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 100: Spirit does not share with Human Will

192:4-194:5

I've started reading each day's section two or three times. I know it sort of defeats the purpose of the quick read but I'm either having problems grasping the material the first time through or wondering why these two pages were picked -- meaning why start here and end there.

The first sentence of the second paragraph starts with erring power. I always think of that as something that isn't me so but I could tell by the rest of the paragraph I was misreading. Then I looked at the paragraph title in the white space: Human power a blind force. Ok then. It is talking about me. Still not entirely clear on what is going on, I finish the section to find this:

It has been demonstrated to me that Life is God and that the might of omnipotent Spirit shares not its strength with matter or with human will.
Oh, I get it now: human will power. I've got loads of that -- coming out my ears. Probably why I have a difficult time hearing God.

One more thing that I saw which, this time, made total sense right off:

Human opinions are not spiritual.
So few people express happy, positive, loving opinions -- myself included. There are a couple of people around me that if they express any opinion, I know it will be a big glob of negative, hate-filled goo.

So today's goal (yes, I do have one) is to not fill up on my own will or opinions but leave the mental tank empty and see what God puts in.

On a different note, today is day 100 for me. I'm a couple of days behind in the general journal calendar. Sorry about that. While I may be a neanderthal spiritually, I'll keep working on it. I'm sort of proud of having come this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.