Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 103: End of the chapter

198:23-200:29

So today is the end of the chapter and I have lots of random stuff to cover. First off is the nickname for the chapter. Obviously from the chapter name, Physiology, this chapter is about the physical world. But based on the below quote, I've selected God's Man versus the 5 Senses as the nickname.

These so-called material senses must yield to the infinite Spirit, named God. 
Lately, I've been writing a lot and thinking a lot about our current point in time: now. If Mary Baker Eddy was, instead of writing Science and Health way back then, writing a blog today, imagine what it would look like. Each reference to a word, person, biblical story, or anything could be linked up to another web site. Imagine following along with her as she cited source material and offered more explanations and further insight. Imagine commenting on her blog post asking for further information or adding a testimony or just letting her know you're there. Imagine a searchable, viewable community of people wanting to join together with MBE now.

While reading this chapter and found that I have been looking over to see what the title off in the margin is. Sometimes these help me to see what MBE was going for as the overall thought. But in this chapter, when I want that margin heading, it's not there. So I've been thinking of adding my own. Risky that. What if I'm wrong?

If I were to build a website that helped other people read S&H in a year, one of the features I would have is a full citation arrive in the person's email box with a link back to the blog/journal engine. The full citation would have relevant links to tricky words, historical figures. In the online journal, I would let people select certain words in the text and add their own comments or thoughts that came to them while reading it. I would also add the ability for margin notes and chapter titles (any text really). I would build an index on the fly via search instead of the index that is in the back of the book.

I also find myself correcting her grammar. Clarity is king. I think I may be editing too much in my other life. 

So for my insight into the reading today, it's something about grand human capacities and man being upright and Godlike -- but I'm still working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.