Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 108: Soul and Man

209:5-211:6

These are the ideas that struck me in this reading. Mary Baker Eddy defined Spiritual sense in contrast to her explanations of material sense.

Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God. 
A constant capacity to understand God is, to me, a capacity to love man. They aren't exactly the same idea but something I read a while back in the book made me equate loving God to loving man so I wonder if understanding God is really about understanding Man as the reflection of God. If we had the constant ability to love our neighbor and see them as the child of God, would that be spiritual sense?


This next sentence caught my attention because so many Christian religions argue about Soul: soul in the body, soul leaving the body, purpose of  soul.
Knowing that Soul and its attributes were forever manifested through man...
Soul manifested through man to me is sort of another way of saying man reflects God. But what about Soul's attributes? I looked up Soul in Recapitual( pg 477, line, 19). Soul is defined as

the substance , Life, and intelligence of man.
Vocabulary word:
Solecism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.