Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 92: Group Think

176:21-178:27

Today's section is something that has been on my mind lately: group thought. In these two pages, Mary Baker Eddy discusses how group thought gives medication it's power.

Consequently, the result is controlled by the majority of opinions, not by the infinitesimal minority of opinions in the sick-chamber.
My relationship to God is my own and for the most part is entirely in my thought. So why is this one-to-one relationship so heavily affected by other people? Or why can't I stand on an island by myself and live? I know from reading the chapter on Marriage, which I titled "Happiness in Relationships" that I'm supposed to connect with people. How do I connect but guard my thought against what I don't want from those in the group? It's a literal question, not rhetorical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.