Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 206: The Passions

407:6-408:27

Another day where I'm following Mary Baker Eddy and the selected reading closely. The two topics that I've been praying about are what MBE refers to as the passions, and the affects of age. The passions are: [1] passion (I assume lust or sexuality is meant), [2] selfishness, [3] envy, [4] hatred, [5] revenge. These all live within mortal mind. I've been praying for a calmer, more peaceful interior thought so this list of passions is a good reminder of what to watch out for:
If man is not victorious over the passions, they crush out happiness, health, and manhood. 
The second area of age I've been praying about is loosing the use of my body or mind through was can only be described as culturally accepting aging. MBE says:
No faculty of Mind is lost.
And:
Let the perfect model be present in your thoughts instead of its demoralized opposite.

I thought this last quote tied back nicely to the passions of mortal mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.