Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 185: Off course

364:32-366:29

I seem to be either totally on topic with Mary Baker Eddy in the readings (granted, this is rare) or on my own train of thought, working through my own issues. Today is the later for me. I’ve been contemplating harmony lately as my life seems to not have much of it at this point. I assume this is a momentary period that will end but it seems to be going on for a while. Here is what I marked in the readings:

“Take no thought for your life.”

And:

The poor suffering heart needs its rightful nutriment, such as peace, patience in tribulation, and a priceless sense of the dear Father’s loving-kindess.

In the first quote, instead of thinking about life as an infinite state of being, I was just thinking about my day-to-day thoughts, actions, feelings. And that I shouldn’t take thought of those at all. Sort of a code phrase for “Don’t worry.”

The second quote was a list of things I needed and didn’t know it until I read the sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.