Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 196: Food and Harmony

387:13-389:12

Today’s reading covers food and how it doesn’t control the body. I remember so many conversations with other CSers in college about this area of thought. We loved food: rich, yummy food. We philosophized on the CS perspective of our love of food. Oddly, at the same time, I was struggled with a type of eating disorder:

It is a law of so-called mortal mind, misnamed matter, which causes all things discordant. 

I’m grateful to Mary Baker Eddy, in passages as these, where she discusses how the future might look one day on this topic but shouldn’t look that way right now. It gives me insight into my own areas of growth regarding food (or materiality) without heading off in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.