Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 188: Benefits Received

371:5-372:32

Yesterday was a really good day. I didn’t have a journal entry here but I did have a household where children behaved, parents didn’t fight. Usually on our busiest days, I’ve a short temper and rush. Yesterday was so full, even my husband lost track but we all got along and everything got done and we had fun. Yeah!

I’ve been thinking lately about the matter illusion. I can’t get around matter, regardless so today’s reading helped:

Matter is not self-sustaining. Its false supports fail one after another. Matter succeeds for a period only by falsely parading in the vestments of law.

The idea of law having a hold on me in right on. So I’m going to work on that idea of the falsity of material law. Or something along those lines.

And:

If pride, superstition, or any error prevents the honest recognition of benefits received, this will be a hindrance to the recovery of the sick and the success of the student.

I try to be grateful for each small (and big) thing (and non-thing) in my life. But I probably don’t see everything I should be grateful for so I’ll redouble my efforts on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.