Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 189: The Cause of Disease

373-375:5

This reading dealt with disease. It is an important point for me to getting a better grasp on as I work with the fallacy of material law (from Day 188). Mary Baker Eddy starts by discussing healing of disease versus healing of sin:

If we are Christians on all moral questions, but are in darkness as to the physical exemption which Christianity includes, then we must have more faith in God on this subject and be more alive to his promises.

So a challenge to myself – be more alive to his promises. I’m going to look for inspiration for that.

Next:

The fear of disease and the love of sin are the sources of man’s enslavement.

And the answer to fear of disease:

Establish the scientific sense of health, and you relieve the oppressed organ.

So lots of ideas I need more inspiration for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.