Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 199: Control over Matter & the Body

393:4-395:5

Looking for ideas to help the situation with my daughter, here is what I marked:
Exercise this God-given authority. Take possession of your body, and govern its feeling and action. Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good. Good has made man capable of this, and nothing can vitiate the ability and power divinely bestowed on man. 
This is a direct answer to this challenge and speaks almost in the same language/word choice my daughter used.
Be firm in your understanding that the divine Mind governs, and that in Science man reflects God's government. 
I feel like I was firm in my understanding over the last year and then in the last month I ignored it while it got worse but I'm praying about it now so I know it will turn around.
The admission that any bodily condition is beyond the control of Mind disarms man, prevents him from helping himself, and enthrones matter through error. 
At this point, I'm feeling enslaved, not enthroned but I get the general idea.
Is there no divine permission to conquer discord of every kind with harmony, with Truth and Love? 
 Funny she should mention discord...how did she know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.