Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 177: The Dream or the Life

347:12-349:12
The first thing I marked was:
The dream that matter and error are something must yield to reason and revelation. Then mortals will behold the nothingness of sickness and sin, and sin and sickness will disappear from consciousness. The harmonious will appear real, and the inharmonious unreal.
Behold the nothingness is a strong statement but one I need to grasp. The human senses and even mortal mind can paint a compelling picture where it is very had to think what I’m seeing, feeling, thinking – is nothing. Something to work on.
I deny His cooperation with evil, because I desire to have no faith in evil or in any power but God, good.
When Mary Baker Eddy writes in first person, I take notice, since she does it so little in the book. She wasn’t one for gentle statements. I should learn something from her there.
Two essential points of Christian Science are, that neither Life nor man dies, and that God is not the author of sickness.
Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.