Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 190: A Simple Demonstration

375:6-376:32

I’ve been listening for angel messages. I heard this quote this morning in Church:

We must begin, however, with the more simple demonstrations of control, and the sooner we begin the better. (429:4)

The idea of a simple demonstration as a place to begin caught me. The simple demonstration I know I need to make is my own negative mental arguments inside my head. They are worse than pointless.

It is simple because no one else is involved and my body is not an obstacle to the demonstration. And when Mary Baker Eddy mentioned hourly and daily, this mental argument is what comes to mind. So I was pleasantly surprise when what I marked in the reading continued this line of thought:

No person is benefited by yielding his mentality to any mental despotism or malpractice. All unscientific mental practice is erroneous and powerless, and should be understood and so rendered fruitless.

And then how this idea applies physically:

The diseases deemed dangerous sometimes come from the most hidden, undefined, and insidious beliefs.

Then a simple idea:

…there is more life and immortality in one good motive and act…

Then instruction on the solution:

Therefore the efficient remedy is to destroy the patient’s false belief by both silently and audibly arguing the true facts in regard to harmonious being, – representing man as healthy instead of diseased, and showing that is it impossible for matter to suffer, to feel pain or heat, to be thirsty or sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.