Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 264: Right & Wrong



The Adam and Eve story resonated with me, when I was a child, because it was so bucolic and wonderful, it sounded like living in a zoo. Then the story turns and the fun is gone and the kids get punished, and forever after the world will remember these two and how they broke the rules.

Now as an adult, I think what a horrid story to tell a child. And then to tell them it is true and that’s how the world started. What a miserable burden to place on them.

The last sentence in today’s reading says “mind and soul are both right and wrong.” That is how my days have felt, striving to do right but somehow I don’t. When I examine the microsecond where my good motives turned into bad results, I know what happened. I stopped listening and decided for myself what I would do. In that moment, I choose to rather be right and wrong instead of listen to Right.

Sometimes I wish God had a bullhorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.