Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 248:

493:9-495:24

Funny thing about reading this chapter before this year journal – I always hated it. Now its another chapter I can’t wait to reread.

Something else I missed in the first read and need to go back and get the full text on: Will you explain sickness and show how it is to be healed?

A full answer to the above question involves teaching, which enables the healer to demonstrate and prove for himself the Principle and rule of Christian Science or metaphysical healing.

I didn’t realize teaching was a component of healing.

I would like to replace the word fear in the following quote with anger. While to me, they are the same thing, I don’t always remember it when reading a passage like this.

Disease is an experience of so-called mortal mind. It is fear made manifest on the body. Christian Science takes away this physical sense of discord, just as it removes any other sense of moral or mental inharmony.

There are some spots in the books where I think Mary Baker Eddy is particularly eloquent -- this question/answer is one example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.