Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 241: Identity & Belief

477:19-479:26

After today’s reading, I’m considering the chapter nickname of belief.

Mary Baker Eddy starts of the answer to What is body and Soul? with the concept of identity. Plenty of people would identity as either the body or Soul in body, so I understand why she starts there.

This is one of those question/answers that, regardless of Christian Science, I totally get. That’s to say that outside of the nature/nurture argument, I know my body is not me and that there is no other identity (such as Soul) in my body. There are some things that you have to know for yourself, spiritually speaking. This is one I know.

So when I got to this line:

What basis is there for the theory of indwelling spirit, except the claim of mortal belief? 

I broadened it so I could apply it to other issues:

What basis is there for the theory of [insert challenge here], except the claim of mortal belief? 

Still praying about son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.