Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 235: Idolatry and Ritualism

465-466:31
I spent some time yesterday thinking about single ideas not having an element of error. I thought about how we are all ideas and we aren’t old or new ideas just familiar (old) or unrecognized (new). I got caught up in the spiritual attributes of ideas and let my thoughts just take me to new places. It was nice to have a single, clear idea I could do that with.
Today is the first day of Recapitulation. If you have heard of class instruction or taken it, you know this is the chapter that is the basis for the class. When I figured out what Recapitulation meant, years ago, I was a little disappointed. So, no secret handshake will be revealed, just a summary of ideas already covered. The question/answer format is nice and easy to follow. [I wish class instruction was now just a private blog to read and make notes with links to the books.]
The idea I grabbed from today’s reading is something that has been nagging me anyway:
idolatry and ritualism are the outcome of all man-made beliefs
You could almost hear someone say: “Let’s not think, let’s just do it the way it was done before.” Now that I’m checking my thinking, I’m looking for those little spots in my thought-conclusions that are based on idolatry and ritualism – purposeless stuff that might keep me from listening to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.