Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 224: Guidance

443-445:18

This is the first day of Teaching Christian Science. The two ideas that struck me were Mary Baker Eddy’s tone and her clear guidance. Some places in the book, she is very forceful but in these two pages, I didn’t read that. I read compassion and guidance, as if she were speaking to me in a class.

Right off the bat, she says:

under ordinary circumstances a resort to faith in corporeal means tends to deter those, who make such a compromise, from entire confidence in omnipotent Mind as really possessing all power.

There are other places in the book where she says this differently but you get her general attitude here.

There are so many rules listed in these two pages, I was thinking about making a list but I wouldn’t want anyone to stray into the argument of the letter versus the spirit of the rule.

She does discusses the ethics of Christian Science and mentions mental assassins then defines the term:

mental assassins: someone who attempts to kill morally and physically

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.