Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 236: Life

467:1-469:6

I was out with the family last night, kids off playing, husband watching them, and I had a moment to stop and think about yesterday’s reading. I knew I marked only one phrase and it was about beliefs but I couldn’t remember the words idolatry and ritualism so I came up with all sorts of words like that. It turned out to be a very insightful and restful few minutes just think about human beliefs.

Today’s section is a great place for any one to learn about Christian Science, me included. The question What are the demands of Science of Soul? made me sit up and wander what I had missed in the previous 466 pages. I should probably have the answer memorized but I was happy to not be surprised.

The phrase I marked today is part of the answer for What is Life?:

Eternity, not time, expresses the thought of Life, and time is no part of eternity.

I’ve been praying about time lately so this was a nice thought to add to my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.