Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 52: What will happen

95:28-97:28

This reading is a prediction or overview of events to come. I wouldn’t call it the end of the world but I’m sure many people who don’t want materiality to end will see it that way.

Mary Baker Eddy explains what will happen, including:

As material knowledge diminishes and spiritual understanding increases, real objects will be apprehended mentally instead of materially.

She also gives us our task list:

…those who discern Christian Science will hold crime in check. They will aid in the ejection of error. They will maintain law and order, and cheerfully await the certainty of ultimate perfection.

Patience is not my strong skill. I need to work on my cheerful waiting.

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.