Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 30: The Great Distance

51:28-53:24

Mary Baker Eddy writes of the shock that arises when someone realizes the great distance between himself and Truth. That when we recognize that distance, we should weep over the warning, instead of denying truth or mocking the goodness.

She must have know anyone reading the book would experience the same realization of the distance and have to deal with the shock.

But there is an additional idea I would like to add. Turning back or just stopping here on my spiritual journey isn’t an option. I’m sure it is for some people. Perhaps they weren’t committed but were just dabbling. Similar to the passport analogy Mary Baker Eddy employs.

I might be a Neanderthal in a spiritual sense but turning around or stopping isn’t a choice. Yeah, I see the distance. But I’m going anyway. If you are reading this, you are too. Good!

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.