Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 41:

74:3-76:5

This reading is about why is it impossible for the dead to communicate with the living. I understand two material, erroneous beliefs are in different states of belief and can not commune. I understand it logically.

My interest is in the something different. What if I could drop the belief of materiality, and pray? I call it meditation but I’m sure other people have other names for it. Being in the world but not of it – sort of. I wonder how Mary Baker Eddy would feel about that. I think of it as highly spiritual and very much about quieting the internal chatter in my thought so that I can be still and listen to God. But I can also see how it might appear either a material barrier or an illusionary change of conscience.

What do you think?

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.