Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 32: Human Affection

56:1-58:4

Last year while reading, I had a realization that Christianity, Spirituality, and God were really about how I interact with my fellow inhabitants on this planet and less about my internal composition. That would be the demonstration part of religion. Mary Baker Eddy writes:

Human affection is not poured fourth vainly, even though it meet no return. Love enriches the nature, enlarging, purifying, and elevating it.

Her follow-up:

…Love supports the struggling heart until it ceases to sigh over the world and begins to unfold its winds for heaven.

I like how this reiterates one of the lines of the spiritual interpretation of the Lord’s Prayer:

And Love is reflected in love

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.