Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 287: Place & Time

556:3-557:27

As I read this section, I thought about the classes I took yesterday (unrelated to C.S.). They were about being keenly aware of place and time -- how to put a reader into story place and time. One of the speaker’s advised the audience to be “ruthless in self-examination.” I thought how funny – that’s what I’m studying in Christian Science.

These pages are about getting beyond or without place and time. Holy habitation.

The discussion yesterday was about how the reader must perceive an opinion about place and time from the writer. This grounds the reader in the material story world. In order to drop the materiality in my own life, to reach higher, I need to drop the concept of place and time (and my opinion of it). Of course, the first place and time is home.

I need to work on home:

  1. the Word of Life, Truth, and Love
  2. Christ, the spiritual idea of God
  3. Christianity
  4. Christian Science

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.