Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 278: Line of Creation

556:3-557:27

I’ve been working on harmony this year. Several personal situations seem to keep cropping up that show me I have much more work to do. Mary Baker Eddy says harmony is increasing as we rise spiritually:

Christian Science reveals harmony as proportionately increasing as the line of creation rises towards spiritual man, – towards enlarged understanding and intelligence; but in the line of the corporeal senses, the less a mortal knows of sin, disease, and mortality, the better for him, – the less pain and sorrow are his.

She makes in interesting point her. I’ve always thought of ignoring materiality but Mary Baker Eddy pointedly says to know less, instead of ignore. That implies, to me, an active state of refusing to be educated in such areas.

That’s in interesting idea. I’m going to pray on that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.