Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 279: Sweet & Bitter

558-560:5


Today is the first day of the chapter, The Apocalypse. Not my favorite chapter. Mary Baker Eddy makes a point in this reading that when reading this book, at first it will taste sweet when it heals but the Truth, afterward, may be bitter.

I’m either not there yet or past that point. It seems like as I read the book now, I understand it differently every time and I’m having different challenges in my life to apply it to. The whole experience has mellowed into wanting to understand, then understanding.

Although, the farther into the book I get, I’m getting excited  -- only because new ideas are jumping out of the text.

Are you in a sweet or bitter moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.