Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 333: 2 Views of Time

673:23-675:15

The testimony in this reading gave me an idea about time, which I’ve been praying about this year. The story is from a seventy-one year old man, and is about an injury that happened while outside cutting wood on his table saw in the winter. He uses the phrase,

I never lost an hour from the hurt.

When I think of time regarding a healing, I usually want the healing to be quick and take little time (don’t we all). So there is the first kind of time: spent working toward a healing in prayer. But he mentions a second time: lost from regular activities while praying. Of course, this quote came to mind:

No loss can occur from trusting God with our desires…[1:11]

I didn’t really connect these two ideas until this testimony. What a wonderful reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.