Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 332: Influence and Offence

672:1-673:22

This testimony is wonderful. At the end, the person is not talking about physicality but what mental changes have happened. The person starts with the actual change:

All that I had to give up were the false beliefs of mortal mind.

And then the list of benefits is set out:

  • The more good I saw accomplished, the more love I had for the truth.
  • I was not so easily influenced by other people’s shortcomings, when I learned that evil has neither personality nor place.
  • I was not so ready to take offence, when I found out the way to work unselfishly for the upbuilding of the Cause.

The two ideas of influence and offence are my own little (or not so little) tests I have been working on. Yesterday had made a little headway with each but I’m grateful for this testimony as a reminder to stay with the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.