Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: Absent from the body

13:5-14:30

In this reading Mary Baker Eddy has two point that are old standards in Christian Science but struck me new today. The first is to work toward your goal. Prayer isn’t enough; we must do. Take steps. Move Forward. For just a moment, I felt like I was listening to a motivational speaker. That isn’t a bad thing at all. It’s just I never got that from Mary Baker Eddy before.

The second point is to be absent from the body and present with God. When I saw body, I thought all materiality. Life and intelligence are spiritual but pretty much everything else isn’t. It didn’t matter if I was absent from the body or absent from my car. To me, the deeper point is to be present in spirituality enough to be absent from materiality.

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.