Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1: Two Instructions to Begin

vii:1-viii:32
This is the second year I’m going to read Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy according to the journal.

When I started the journal last year, I didn’t know what I wanted to accomplish other than greater spirituality through Christian Science. The temptation came to me to not continue another year however the question was more subtly should I continue studying Christian Science. Since my answer was yes and this journal is helping me be consistent in my prayer and practice -- I’m going to continue. To say I have more to understand and learn is an understatement.

The two things that have been on my mind lately are personal sense as discussed in the Trial and the testimonies in Fruitage. So that’s my mindset going into this new year.

In this reading, I found two instructions from Mary Baker Eddy. The first is that man must live in obedience to divine Principle. The second instruction is that the discords of corporeal [personal] sense must yield to the harmony of spiritual sense.

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.