Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 239: Is there no sin?

472:23-475:4

Two things immediately jumped into my mind with this question, before I read the answer. The first was the Trial where Personal Sense, and his attorney, False Belief, are trying to have Mortal Man committed to death. The second is the third tenet of Christian Science:

3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.

Before I started this year, I didn’t have a feel for false belief and personal sense in terms of Christian Science. I never focused on it before. The readings, broken up the way they are, unraveled that for me. So I probably never understood the 3rd tenet as much as I do now.

The last line of this reading stood out as the premise of the formula and the formula itself where sin is concerned:

To infinite Spirit there is no matter, – all is Spirit, divine Principle and its idea.

I also learned a lot about matter this year that I glossed over in years past. I think my teacher, during class instruction, tried to point this out but there was so much to learn that this point was lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.