Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 250: Genesis

501-503:5

Just as a side note, I wonder why the chapter of Creation and the chapter of Genesis or so far apart in this book. It seems they would either be intertwined or consecutive.

I read an article in the Sentinel a while back where the author said he always went back to the idea of creation, Genesis, for his spiritual authority in Christian Science. He did a great job of explaining it – so much so that I agreed and remember it to this day. So this is what I expect I will get out of this chapter, but in my own way.

Today’s section includes just:

Genesis i. 1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I’ve thought about the beginning/only relationship explained for this passage before. The key phrase that caught me in today’s reading is:

The creative Principle … is God.

This phrase as two meanings to me. One, the obviously intended Principle is God. But the second one focuses more on the word creative. So many times (like right now!), I’m facing a situation that seems hopeless, and impossible to change, and I’m sitting on the sidelines, not even sure what to do. This phrase reminded me that not only is there one solution (G0d), but that solution is creative – my limited scope of possible solutions doesn’t count. God is creative Principle. The right solution will be found. Definitely a Go Team! moment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.