Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 120: Perhaps you have ideas for me?

233:16-235:6

A couple of the ideas in today's reading stood out to me because while the ideas are simple, the implementation is not. The first is:
The counter fact relative to any disease is required to cure it.
Since the disease is a product of mortal mind, the counter fact must the be the individual's alone. What I mean is, while there are a collective group of diseases, the counter face to each one is specific to the individual that has the disease. Or more truthfully, doesn't have it. So when I'm working on a physical challenge, I do try to look for the counter face but sometimes so many ideas are running through my head, I think any of them could be a counter fact. I've tried several methods to find the counter fact in my thought but I could use some helpful ideas if you have them.

The second idea is:
Evil thoughts, lusts, and malicious purposes cannot go forth, like wandering pollen, from one human mind to another, finding unsuspected lodgment, if virtue and truth build a strong defence. 
Confession time. There is one thought that does seem to catch in my mind like wandering pollen. I've been married now for over ten years so he and I have gone through the friend cycle where they meet, marry, then divorce. I'm mature enough to understand some unions will not be permanent; mine generally feels solid. Once I learn of close friends ending their marriage (and the beginning of the bitterness), I begin to fear that divorce is catchy, like a cold, and the proximity gives this fear strength. I worry about my own marriage and begin to analyze it for shortcomings. This I need to end. I've working on it but I haven't conquered it yet.

Any thoughts to help me conquer either of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.